Be the SALT NOT an INSULT. Be the LIGHT in others’ FRIGHT mode.
How do you maintain your unique flavor and brightness regardless of all odds? Here are 4 useful tips:
Thinking of holding back your joy and light when you go unnoticed or unappreciated even after you have done your best?
Considering you being the salt of the earth and the light of the world, the better question becomes: How do you maintain your unique flavor and brightness regardless of all odds?
Here are four useful tips:
1. Not worrying about the credits.
Worry not about you getting the credits or public recognition but think about the deeper “why” you are doing something good for others.
You are treating people nicely because of who you are – you are a nice person! Be that light in the fright mode of others. You serve as that light in their fright mode to help them change those limiting beliefs that they hold for themselves. The two sources of credits that truly matter are those from your God and your conscience.
2. Not living on a comparison basis:
You are unique. Give your unique light and flavor for the good of others. You are “enough”, and you “have enough.”
You don’t need to prove to someone how good you are. Your excellent creator (God) looked at you and said YOU ARE GOOD! Show this in your thoughts, words, and actions.
3. Not conforming to the world:
“Do not copy the behavior and customs of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing, and perfect will.”-(Romans 12:2).
Lead your thoughts and actions. Allow God to transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.
The more doesn’t always mean the merrier and going with the crowd doesn’t always mean going in the right direction. Instead, think about affecting others positively. Choose to be that light of truth, joy blessings, and peace of mind to others.
1 Corinthians 6:12 says: “Everything is permissible for me—but I will not be mastered by anything.” Be determined not to allow the world to master you in any way.
4. Not losing or misusing your value: You see, salt and light can lose their uniqueness in these two broad ways:
1. when they stop their functions: when salt stops adding flavor and when the light stops to shine. So, we should not withhold our talent and kindness.
2. How they are being used: naturally, too much salt can overshadow other seasonings and it will start losing its taste. Excessive light in the wrong way might cause harm as well. So if we start leaving out humility and start bringing in too much pride, our usefulness can start becoming more about us and not others. So it’s about watching our balance as we embrace humility, contentment, gratitude and generosity. It’s about watching our balance as we choose to use our freewill, freedom, and influence.
Continue to be the light. Be the light of Peace. The light of hope, and the light of joy. Be that light that ignites others to come out of their fright mode.